The best topic

Replies: 10401
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:19:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Corporate Giant Demands Crackdown on Independent and Alternative Internet Content, Call for Online Censorship

Started by realgrimm, February 15, 2018, 12:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realgrimm

QuoteThe drive to censor the Internet took another step this week with a public statement by Keith Weed, the chief marketing officer for the London-based multinational Unilever, threatening to withdraw advertising from social media platforms if they fail to suppress "toxic content."

Weed reportedly told an annual leadership meeting of the Interactive Advertising Bureau in Palm Desert, California that the company "will not invest in platforms or environments" that "create divisions in society, and promote anger or hate." He added,

"We will prioritize investing only in responsible platforms that are committed to creating a positive impact in society."

Excerpts of Weed's remarks—the most explicit of their kind from a major corporate executive—were leaked to several media outlets, including the Wall Street Journal and the Guardian. They were immediately featured on NBC News and other major American news outlets on Sunday. The Journal's report was accompanied by an interview with Weed.

The coordinated release was designed to escalate the propaganda offensive by the Democratic Party and US intelligence agencies, together with the corporate media, for Internet censorship. The fraudulent premise for this assault on freedom of speech, both in the US and across Europe, is the claim that political opposition and social tensions are the product not of poverty, inequality and policies of austerity and militarism, but of "fake news" spread by Russia through social media.

Weed's statements preceded yesterday's US Senate Select Committee on Intelligence hearing, which witnessed a series of hysterical denunciations of Russia by politicians and intelligence agents. The Democratic vice-chairman of the committee, Mark Warner of Virginia, declared that Russia "utilized our social media platforms to push and spread misinformation at an unprecedented scale."

Facebook responded to Weed's threats by declaring,

"[W]e fully support Unilever's commitments and are working closely with them."

The Journal stated that Unilever "has already held discussions" with Facebook, Google, Twitter, Snap and Amazon "to share ideas about what each can do to improve."

Weed absurdly framed his demand for censorship, made on behalf of a multibillion-dollar global corporation, as the expression of popular anger over the supposed spread of "fake news." He referred to research showing a decline in trust in social media and a "perceived lack of focus" in the form of "illegal, unethical and extremist behavior and material on" social media platforms. Speaking to the Wall Street Journal, he claimed to be articulating the concerns of consumers over "fake news" and "Russians influencing the US election."

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/TlljmdRm_F8/maxresdefault.jpg">

source :-- https://www.globalresearch.ca/corporate-giant-demands-crackdown-on-independent-and-alternative-internet-content-call-for-online-censorship/5629352">//https://www.globalresearch.ca/corporate-giant-demands-crackdown-on-independent-and-alternative-internet-content-call-for-online-censorship/5629352

Blazor

I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"Fucktards they are, fucking fucktards.

If you mean stupid, I disagree.

Blazor

Quote from: "seoulbro"

Dont tell me you agree with this nonsense.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"
Quote from: "seoulbro"

Dont tell me you agree with this nonsense.

Absolutely not. I believe in liberty.

Anonymous

Quote"toxic content."

Weed reportedly told an annual leadership meeting of the Interactive Advertising Bureau in Palm Desert, California that the company "will not invest in platforms or environments" that "create divisions in society, and promote anger or hate."

I wish they spell out everything that they consider toxic content or environments that create divisions in society and promote anger or hate.

Blazor

realgrimm

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote"toxic content."

Weed reportedly told an annual leadership meeting of the Interactive Advertising Bureau in Palm Desert, California that the company "will not invest in platforms or environments" that "create divisions in society, and promote anger or hate."

I wish they spell out everything that they consider toxic content or environments that create divisions in society and promote anger or hate.

the link has more info

Anonymous

Quote from: "realgrimm"
Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote"toxic content."

the link has more info

Thanks, I'll read it later.

realgrimm

and it's a disgrace to our freedoms, lets change the internet cuz these guys need to advertise..haha.. Yet paedophilia is being considered a mental illness and not a crime in America.. their priorities are outta whack

https://www.cchrint.org/2017/12/21/american-psychiatric-association-pedophilia-adisordernotacrime/">//https://www.cchrint.org/2017/12/21/american-psychiatric-association-pedophilia-adisordernotacrime/

Anonymous

My politics has evolved over the past few years. Western billionaires give the impression they are philanthropists when in reality they are cunning, power hungry scumbags.

Anonymous

Quote from: "realgrimm"and it's a disgrace to our freedoms, lets change the internet cuz these guys need to advertise..haha.. Yet paedophilia is being considered a mental illness and not a crime in America.. their priorities are outta whack

https://www.cchrint.org/2017/12/21/american-psychiatric-association-pedophilia-adisordernotacrime/">//https://www.cchrint.org/2017/12/21/american-psychiatric-association-pedophilia-adisordernotacrime/

Cut their balls off and the problem is solved. Maybe Mel would lend docs his knife.

realgrimm

it's a deterioration of culture, Western culture is getting raped of values and morals to steer North America into a divide and a subserviance to the governing body it's completely counter productive

Bricktop